Check out the best places to bend and brew around the Denver here!
March is here! Sure we may have some days of snow ahead, but next thing you know spring and sunshine will be here to stay. In fact, there is no snow in the forecast this weekend (finally!) so you have no excuse to not get out there and have some fun.
When: Beginning March 6th. Open Wednesdays and Friday from 11am-2pm
Where: 3530 Brighton Blvd
Eat local and try something new this Friday at the Denargo Farm & Truck. Denver’s most unique food trucks will be gathering in one spot to offer a variety of farm fresh fresh foods, music and fun. Choose from delicious Latin and Asian infused eats from Chuey Fu’s, slow cooked crock pot meals from Crock Spot or enjoy homemade pastries thanks to The Bumblee Truck.
Friday Night Bazaar
When: Beginning March 6th. Operates every Friday starting at 6pm
Where: 3530 Brighton Blvd, Denver
Experience art, culture and music this Friday night thanks to the opening of the Friday Night Bazaar. This weekly pop up event will feature vintage crafts, chef inspired eats and local music. Tonight’s lineup includes swinging bluesy jazz from Jeremy Mohney and funky avant garde vibes from SuperCollider. Another added perk is the Beer Pawn, where you can bring in unwanted vintage or craft items in exchange for delicious beer. Sounds like a fair trade to me. Find out more here.
Live Yoga Kindness
When: March 7th, class begins at 10am.
Where: The Fillmore Auditorium, 1510 Clarkson St, Denver
Cost: 20 General Admission and 25 at the door
Buy your tickets here
Get ready for a yoga experience like no other. Flow through your poses while you listen to live music and practice with 200 plus people at the Fillmore Auditorium this Saturday. Nail your headstand onstage, meet new people and take your practice outside the box. Learn more here
When: March 7th, begins at 1pm
Where: Pub on Penn, 1278 Pennsylvania St, Denver
Cost: 30 to register now/ 40 at the door
You’ve practiced all four years for this. Grab a friend and sign up for the Denver Beer Pong Tournament at Pub on Penn. Proceeds benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Master your bounce shot, cheer on your friends and drink for a good cause.
Sushi and Joint Rolling
Photo Courtesy of 7DeadlyMag.com
When: March 7th, from 3-5pm
Where: Green Labs, 1250 31st St, Denver
Cost: 65 per person
Roll up the sushi and roll out the joints with a class that can only be experienced in Colorado. Sip a glass of wine, enjoy the city views from the Green Labs rooftop deck and learn how to roll like a pro. Bring your own bud and they will supply the rest. This class caps off at 20 people, so buy your tickets now!
St. Practice Day
When: March 7th, crawl begins at 12pm-6pm
Where: Various locations around Denver. Starts at Society, 1434 Blake St, Denver
Cost: 15 now, price jumps to 25
Tickets: Buy tickets here through Living Social or buy them through Eventbrite here
Not sure if you are ready for the booze fest that is St. Patricks Day? No fear, St. Practice Day is here. Get ready to crawl to eight different Irish bars and pubs each loaded with drink specials and all around shenanigans. Tell your liver to get ready, we’ve got drinking to do.
International Women’s Day Celebration
International Women’s Day is a day to celebrate advancement in gender equality and to discuss female empowerment. 303FEM, in conjunction with 303 Magazine, will be showing support by presenting Denver’s first International Women’s Day Celebration. They will be offering complimentary hair and makeup consulting services and create a space to network with women around Denver. In addition, Dress for Success will be present and will be accepting lightly used professional clothing to give to women in need. RSVP for this event here.
Follow me on Twitter @Mreneecarter for more happenings around Denver! Have a happy weekend!
- Head down to Illegal Pete’s wearing your Colorado gear and get hooked up with free Pablo’s coffee, with the purchase of breakfast, or free chips and queso with the purchase of lunch or dinner. In celebration, they are also offering drafts of New Belgium for only $3.03. In addition, each Illegal Pete’s location will be hosting local bands and comics for FREE! Look at the lineup herePhoto Courtesy of Drizly
- Nothing says celebration like a little booze. The folks at Drizly know the deal and they will be offering free delivery today for first timers only. Use the code “303” at the checkout and enjoy!Photo courtesy of DDFL
- Looking for some love today? Then look no further than the Dumb Friends League! You can adopt an adult dog or cat for only 3.03! Look at pets up for adoption herePhoto Courtesy of I’m Unique Yoga
- Denver is one of the fittest cities in the US so why not celebrate with some free fitness classes! I’m Unique Yoga is hosting a free yoga class at 6pm at Wings Over the Rockies! Figure Yoga is hosting Yogi’s Happy Hour. You get half off you class and first glass of wine! Buy tickets here
- Milk and Cake is offering two dollar cupcakes and 2 for 1 on froyo. Get your sugar fix today!
Don’t forget today is the day to support local businesses! Take in local cuisine and drink craft beer to show support! Or you know, when in doubt you could always pray to Blucifer…
Or not. Happy 303 Day!
Have you dug yourself out of the blizzard yet? Good! Now get on down to Denver and explore! From Nerd Prom to comedy and cannabis, here are a few events you don’t want to miss out on.
- Four slices of pie and four ciders, all for 20 dollars. Get. On. IT. Stem Ciders and The Long I Pie Shop is coming together for Pie Tasting Tuesday, starting at 6pm. Try not to inhale all the goodness at once.
- Fashion Denver and Warm Cookies of the Revolution are teaming up to bring you the Eco-Disaster Fashion Show! This thought-provoking fashion show will take you on a creative, imaginative, and necessary ride, showing how designers envision the future of our earth and how we’ll dress to survive. In addition, there will be an “Eco Fashion Mingler” to meet the designers and different environmental groups to discuss issues impacting our world. The event begins at 6pm this Wednesday and is free and open to the public.
- This Wednesday join Oskar Blues Grill & Brew in Lyons CO, for The BolderBOULDER Battle of the Bands! Take in a brew, listen to the bands and vote for your favorite! The winner will move on to the Oskar Blues main stage at the BolderBOULDER on Monday, May 25th and will receive a cash prize. Do you know a band who could rock this competition? Read up on the rules and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm this Monday!
- Come to City Hall this Friday for CannaBash 2015, for a night of comedy, cocktails and of course cannabis. Headliners include T.J. Miller from the HBO nominated show, “Silicon Valley” and Adam Cayton-Holland who was named one of Esquire’s “25 Comics to Watch.” On top of that enjoy a pre show cannabis industry mixer, drinking games and a free taco bar. Buy tickets here before they sell out!
- What is Nerd Prom? Well exactly that, a really nerdy prom. Except better because we don’t have braces, being a nerd is cool and we can finally DRINK! Bring on the Andre and McCormicks! Jk. Lol. We are adults, its craft beer time. Listen to music from I Fight Dragons, Andy Rok & The Real Deal and The Colorado Youth Symphony Orchestra performing Guardians of the Galaxy Mixtape. Dress code is from geek to chic, so you can rock the 80’s, find the perfect prom gown or dress like Chewbacca. Did I mention cosplay is strongly encouraged? Buy your tickets here
- Girl Scout Cookies + Cheesecake= My personal heaven. Grimaldi’s Coal Brick-Oven Pizzeria is offering two specialty cheesecakes to benefit Girl Scouts of Colorado including Chocolate Mint Cheesecake with Thin Mints and caramel and coconut Samoa Cheesecake. This speciality ends this Friday, February 28th, so get while the gettin is good.
- And of course who could forget about Denver Restaurant Week? Explore Denver’s restaurant scene as they offer three course meals for only 30 dollars per person. Reservations can be made by phone or visit Denver.org for links to participating restaurants. In addition click here to find restaurants that offering complimentary drinks with your meal. DRW ends March 1st, so make your reservations today!
Where will you be going for restaurant week? Any events that I missed? Follow me on Twitter at @MReneeCarter and let me know!
Snow is on its way to kill our spring buzz, but don’t let that get you down! Bundle up and try something new this weekend!
The McNichols Project
When: Thursday, February 19th. Doors open at 6pm
Where: McNichols Building, 144 W Colfax Ave, Denver
Cost: 15, price bump at the door.
Buy tickets here
Expect the unexpected at The McNichols Project. Step into a night filled with photography, music, art and a few unexpected surprises. Buy your tickets fast, this event will sell out!
Find out more here
My Teenage Angst
When: Thursday, February 19th. Event begins at 8pm
Where: The Deer Pile, 206 E 13th Ave
Find out more here
“Would it be awful if I wrote a swearword? Right…Ok..I’m going to do it! DAMN! I did it! I’ll regret that later.” Ah to be young. Reminisce about those teenage years straight from the journal this evening at The Deer Pile. Bring a few bucks for drinks and get ready to listen to stories about history tests, prom and of course love (and or hormonal obssessions). Want to share your teenage self? Then send an email to: email@example.com to sign up and be prepared to share the most
fantastic awkward years of your life.
When: Friday, February 20th. Doors open at 9pm
Where: EXDO Center, 1399 35th St, Denver
Cost: No cover 9-10pm. Presale, 5 dollars (includes price of skates). 10 dollars at the door for skates and entry.
Buy tickets here
Let the good times roll! Skate your way down to the EXDO Center this Friday for a night of Bourbon Street, booty shaking and of course beads. Enjoy rollerskating, dancing, karaoke and more! Learn more about this Mardi Gras celebration here
Opera On Tap at Syntax- Musicals Meet Opera
When: Saturday February 21st, doors open at 7pm
Where: Syntax Physic Opera
Cost: 8 in advance, 10 at the door
Buy tickets here
What do Elton John and Giuesppe Verdi have in common? How about Disney and Little Mermaid? If you guessed the stories of Aida and The Little Mermaid you are right! Come out for a night of a beautiful story telling by amazing operatic divas! Find out more here
When: Saturday, February 21st. Doors open at 7pm
Where: City Hall, 1144 Broadway, Denver
Buy tickets here
Experience the best in art, culture and fashion this Saturday night at the Westword Artopia. This annual event features more than a dozen local artists, music from up and coming bands and an Alice and Wonderland themed fashion show. Grab a cocktail, take in some culture and explore something new at one of the biggest parties of the year.
Learn more about the event here
Follow me on twitter @MReneeCarter to find out about more happenings around the city!
Stay warm and happy weekend!
This weekend is full of amazing events for Valentine’s Day (for singles and couples!) as well as fun kick off parties for Mardi Gras. But guess what, there’s more! Here are a few things this weekend that you would be a fool to miss.
- Denver’s newest lounge, Canopy at Tamayo, is celebrating its grand opening this Friday and Saturday starting at 10pm. Enjoy music, sip on speciality cocktails and experience where Latin meets Nightlife
- Denver welcomes two new breweries this weekend, Ratio BeerWorks opening in the RiNo district and Declaration Brewing opens right off of the Evans Light Rail station. Each venue is hosting it’s grand opening party this Saturday at noon, so you might as well swing by both and show em some love!
- VooDoo Doughnuts? Paired with beer? I’m salivating already. World of Beer at Cherry Creek is matching up with Rogue Ales and VooDoo Doughnuts for a very special VooDoo Valentine. Buy a Rogue Voodoo doughnut series beer and get two matching VooDoo Doughnuts. Event starts at 1pm, so get there early before deliciousness runs out.
- Come down to River North Brewery to celebrate its 3rd anniversary, all weekend long. Find out more about their speciality tappings here
- Men, are you looking to show off your fuzzy neck collar to the masses? Ladies, does the sight of a mustachioed gentleman make your heart (and your loins) go aflutter? Then come to Lucky Pie this Saturday for their first annual BEERds and Barrels party! Proper Barbershop will be on site providing complimentary beard grooming and will judge who has the sexiest beard! In addition, Lucky Pie’s will be tapping a multitude of delicious and hard to find beers.
Follow me on twitter @mreneecarter for more happenings around Denver. Enjoy yourself this weekend!
Mardi Gras is French for “Fat Tuesday,” referring to the last night of eating rich, fatty foods before Lent. But let’s face it, we’re going up on a Tuesday. Get a mask, grab some beads and venture out this Mardi Gras!
Mardi Gras Crawl
When: February 14th, check in begins at 1pm, party starts at 2pm
Where: Begins at Tilted Kilt, 1201 16th St #120, Denver
Buy tickets here
Get your crawl on this Saturday with the Mardi Gras Crawl. Venture out to seven bars (yes, seven. With a possibility of more to be added) and be prepared for a night of games, music and of course beads. Find more info here.
When: February 14th, starting at 4pm
Where: Stoney’s Bar and Grill, 1111 Lincoln St, Denver
Want to join in on 1000 LBS of crawfish with all the fixins? Is that even a real question? Come to Stoney’s this Mardi Gras for a delicious crawfish broil and amazing drink specials including three for one Hurricanes and Abita Ambers. Party on the New Orleans way.
Find out more here.
Keystone Gumbo Cookoff
When: February 17, from 2:30-5:30pm
Where: Keystone Resort, Dillion CO
Cost: 12, tickets sold at venue
Learn more about the event here
Get a taste of the Big Easy this weekend with Keystone’s annual gumbo cook off. Enjoy live music from Funky Johnson as you enjoy unlimited gumbo tastings and vote for the best. Because after all, it wouldn’t be Mardi Gras without gumbo.
Mardi Gras Carnivale 2015
When: February 17th, Starts at 8pm
Where: Lannie’s Clocktower and Cabaret, 1601 Arapahoe Street, Denver
Only a few tickets left! Buy them here
Party with Bella Diva Dance as they bring Carnivale and Mardi Gras to Denver! Learn traditional New Orleans line dances, enjoy beautiful Capoeira performances and dress your best and compete in their ultimate costume contest. Get ready for a feathers and fun! Find out more here.
5th Annual Mardi Gras
When: February 21st, starting at 7pm
Where: Dave & Buster, 2000 South Colorado Boulevard, Denver
Cost: 5 for ladies 10 for men
Buy tickets here
Find a mask, wear your brightest green, gold and purple and get ready for beads! The 5th Annual Mardi Gras party comes equipped with games, stilt walkers, face painters and two dance floors playing everything from 80’s jams to top hits. Find out more here.
Follow me @MReneeCarter to learn more about happenings around Denver!
Happy Mardi Gras!
Valentine’s Day is upon us. Of course there is always dinner, flowers and movies but let’s vow to do something a little different this year. From chocolate festivals to running in your undies, here is your list of things to do for Vday (for couples and singles!)
For the Adventurous Type: Cupid’s Undie Run
This Saturday, fuel up on liquid courage, strip down, and run around Denver in your underwear, for the children. Cupid’s Undie Run is a mile(ish) run, combined with an awesome party all in the name of charity. Proceeds benefit the Children’s Tumor Foundation and so far Denver has raised over 90,000 (Go Denver!). Did I mention it is going to be 70 degrees this weekend? Perfect pants off weather.
For the Yogi: Open Your Heart (And Eat Chocolate!)
When: February 13th
Where: The Yoga Mat, 3563 Larimer St, Denver
Cost: 20 for one, 35 for a couple, starts at 6pm
Where can you find sweat, love and chocolate all in one place? Well, besides an R. Kelly song? The Yoga Mat of course! Join The Yoga Mat for a two hour session of heart opening flow, fun inversions and Valentine’s Day puns. Do you get a chocolate for every downward dog? We can only hope. Find out more here.
When: February 14th, from 12-2pm
Where: Joy Ride Brewing Company, 2501 Sheridan Boulevard, Edgewater
Find more information here
This Valentine’s Day, meet the love of your life in a four-legged friend. Head down to Joy Ride Brewing Company to grab a beer and meet some adorable and adoptable animals. Grab a drink and share the love.
For Those Who Love to Get Funky: My Funky Valentine
When: February 14th, Doors open at 6pm for VIP, 7pm for General Admission
Where: EXDO Events Center, 1399 35th Street Denver
Cost: 45 for General Admission, 65 for VIP
Buy tickets here
Get ready for a night of food, fun and of course, funk. Enjoy unlimited small dishes such as slow cooked cuisine from Crock Spot and homemade cupcakes thanks to Milk and Cake. Guests can also enjoy unlimited beverage samples including beer, wine and spirits. Afterwards, enjoy some soul music, provided by Eddie Roberts West Coast Sounds and take a shot at the Dating Game.
For the Dessert Lover: High Point Creamery
Where: 215 S Holly Street, Denver
We have flights of wine. We have flights of beer. And now, we have flights of ice cream. There is a God. At High Point Creamery, choose from a variety interesting flavors including salty dog chocolate, basil and blackberry swirl, and dark chocolate orange with marshmallows. Find a date or find a friend and eat your heart out.
For the Dessert Lover (because you can never have enough): Colorado Indulgence Festival
When: February 15th
Where: Cheyenne Mountain Resort, 3225 Broadmoor Valley Road, Colorado Springs
Cost: GA Single Ticket: 70, Couple 100. VIP Single ticket: 100, Couple 170.
Buy tickets here
Your decadent adventure awaits you at the Colorado Indulgence Festival. Enjoy samples from Colorado’s best culinary experts from creamy gelato, delicious pastries, rich chocolate martinis and of course complimentary wine, liquor and microbrews. Enjoy exclusive seminars from making your own truffles, to discovering global cheese, to swapping beauty tips from the Sephora table. Treat yourself to an afternoon of indulgence and pampering this Valentine’s Day.
This is a 21+ event, cocktail attire is recommended.
Follow me@MReneeCarter Twitter to find out more happenings around Denver!
Have some fun, eat some food and have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
This week, I thought I saw spring on the horizon. My windows were rolled down, I only had to wear a t-shirt and I even contemplated the possibility of shorts. Fast forward to today where I’m wearing sweatpants, fuzzy socks and I’m watching the snow come down. Ah, Colorado. Even though we may still have a few more months of winter, these winter boozin events will help get you through.
What: Woodchuck Day
Where: Multiple locations including Denver, Boulder and Colorado Springs
When: January 29th-February 2nd
Woodchuck Day, a day where grown men watch a gopher come out of a hole and bestow upon it the power of predicting the seasons. More importantly, it is a day where Woodchuck Ciders flow free to the masses. Check out the list, to find bars celebrating in your area.
What: One Year Birthday Extravaganza!
Where: Former Future Brewing Company
When: Friday, January 30th – Sunday, February 1st
Cost: Free Entry
Come out and celebrate Former Future’s One Year Extravaganza with three nights of music, fun and of course copious amount of booze. Experience the roaring 20’s and 30’s this Friday night by dressing your best and sipping on speciality beer cocktails. Bring your dancing shoes for Saturday night funk and soul music brought to you by Mile High Soul Club and enjoy beer selections such as the PB & J Caramel Porter, Chilihouse Ultra and a sneak peak from Black Project Spontaneous Ales. Recover Sunday morning with food from Maria Empanadas and relax with a selection of four coffee beers courtesy of Corvus Coffee.
What: Ultimate SuperBowl Party
Where: Soiled Dove Underground/Tavern Downtown
When: February 1st
Cost: $35 online/ $40 at the door
Find tickets here
We may not care about the teams, but that doesn’t mean we can’t drink and eat too much food now does it? Come watch the Superbowl at The Soiled Dove Underground or at the Tavern Downtown. Enjoy all you can eat wings, pizza, sliders and unlimited wells and all you drink Bud as you root for the halftime commercials.
What: Winter Warmer Launch by The Denver Passport
When: February 1st – March 15th
Where: Pick from 20 of Denver best bars and restaurants
Buy the passport. Seriously, buy it. Or find a friend who has it and be prepared to mooch. Explore 20 handpicked bars and restaurants for 2 for 1 drinks specials from the Gotham Manhattan, the Horse Feather and a variety of craft beer and wine. This little book will make winter worthwhile.
Photo Courtesy of Mark Leffingwell/Daily Camera
What: Stout Month
Where: Multiple brewery locations including Boulder and Denver
When: February 1st-February 28th
Cost: Varies on type of beer
Find event calendar of tappings here
Starting February 1st all four Mountain Sun pubs (Mountain Sun, Southern Sun and Under the Sun Eatery and Taphouse in Boulder, Vine Street Pub and Brewery in Denver, and now including Long’s Peak Pub and Taphouse in Longmont) will fade to black for the 22nd annual Stout Month. Partake in 28 days of locally brewed stouts including Oatimus Prime Imperial Oatmeal Stout, Korova Cream Stout and a personal favorite, Girl Scout Stout. Not sure what to try? Every Monday from 5-8pm stop by any one of these pubs and with the purchase a six beer sampler, preview the upcoming release with the head brewers and take a tour of the brewery. If you’re not a fan of stouts now, you sure as heck will be.
Follow me on Twitter @MReneeCarter to find out more happenings around Denver.