Have you dug yourself out of the blizzard yet? Good! Now get on down to Denver and explore! From Nerd Prom to comedy and cannabis, here are a few events you don’t want to miss out on.
- Four slices of pie and four ciders, all for 20 dollars. Get. On. IT. Stem Ciders and The Long I Pie Shop is coming together for Pie Tasting Tuesday, starting at 6pm. Try not to inhale all the goodness at once.
- Fashion Denver and Warm Cookies of the Revolution are teaming up to bring you the Eco-Disaster Fashion Show! This thought-provoking fashion show will take you on a creative, imaginative, and necessary ride, showing how designers envision the future of our earth and how we’ll dress to survive. In addition, there will be an “Eco Fashion Mingler” to meet the designers and different environmental groups to discuss issues impacting our world. The event begins at 6pm this Wednesday and is free and open to the public.
- This Wednesday join Oskar Blues Grill & Brew in Lyons CO, for The BolderBOULDER Battle of the Bands! Take in a brew, listen to the bands and vote for your favorite! The winner will move on to the Oskar Blues main stage at the BolderBOULDER on Monday, May 25th and will receive a cash prize. Do you know a band who could rock this competition? Read up on the rules and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm this Monday!
- Come to City Hall this Friday for CannaBash 2015, for a night of comedy, cocktails and of course cannabis. Headliners include T.J. Miller from the HBO nominated show, “Silicon Valley” and Adam Cayton-Holland who was named one of Esquire’s “25 Comics to Watch.” On top of that enjoy a pre show cannabis industry mixer, drinking games and a free taco bar. Buy tickets here before they sell out!
- What is Nerd Prom? Well exactly that, a really nerdy prom. Except better because we don’t have braces, being a nerd is cool and we can finally DRINK! Bring on the Andre and McCormicks! Jk. Lol. We are adults, its craft beer time. Listen to music from I Fight Dragons, Andy Rok & The Real Deal and The Colorado Youth Symphony Orchestra performing Guardians of the Galaxy Mixtape. Dress code is from geek to chic, so you can rock the 80’s, find the perfect prom gown or dress like Chewbacca. Did I mention cosplay is strongly encouraged? Buy your tickets here
- Girl Scout Cookies + Cheesecake= My personal heaven. Grimaldi’s Coal Brick-Oven Pizzeria is offering two specialty cheesecakes to benefit Girl Scouts of Colorado including Chocolate Mint Cheesecake with Thin Mints and caramel and coconut Samoa Cheesecake. This speciality ends this Friday, February 28th, so get while the gettin is good.
- And of course who could forget about Denver Restaurant Week? Explore Denver’s restaurant scene as they offer three course meals for only 30 dollars per person. Reservations can be made by phone or visit Denver.org for links to participating restaurants. In addition click here to find restaurants that offering complimentary drinks with your meal. DRW ends March 1st, so make your reservations today!
Where will you be going for restaurant week? Any events that I missed? Follow me on Twitter at @MReneeCarter and let me know!